Coaching vs Therapy
• Deals with a healthy client desiring a better situation
• Deals mostly with a person’s present and seeks to help
them design a more desirable future
• Helps clients learn new skills and tools to build a more
satisfying successful future
• Co-creative equal partnership (Coach helps the client
discover own answers)
• Assumes emotions are natural and normalizes them
• The Coach stands with the client and helps him or her
identify the challenges, then partners to turn challenges into
victories, holding client accountable to reach desired goals.
• Growth and progress are rapid and usually enjoyable.